Sunday, May 11, 2014

New Painting at the Bijou

The beautiful " Painted Bunting" has sold!  "Steer Among Us" will be taking its place.

While visiting the Texas Folklife Festival here in San Antonio, we were surprised to see this huge Longhorn steer being ridden by a cowboy right in the middle of the crowd. Never know what you"ll see at the festival. 

By the way, this is one of my left-handed paintings.  In 2013, I had problems with a growth on my right wrist limiting my being able to paint.  I decided to switch to the left hand and was amazed at what came out.  It's not easy but the brain will adjust and the paintings are very different in style from those done with the right hand.  It was like there was another artist in me,  one I didn't know.  Try it, you'll see what I mean.

Happy painting!
Steer Among Us 9x12

No comments:

Post a Comment